Monday, May 12, 2014

Six Weeks

We are here, our stuff is here, our cats are here, even our cars are here. I am here but my mind is somewhere else. And my aching heart, missing home. But life goes on with no consideration for those of us wanting to go back. 

We have moved into my SIL's bach. For those outside of NZ, a bach (pron. batch) is a small beach holiday house. It's right next door to Niks parents and is right on the river opposite the rivermouth. I watch the tides change, boats go out fishing and the waves roll in against the towering limestone cliffs. Our house is separated from the 'Outlaws' as I shall call them, by raised veggie gardens, apple and plum trees and rolling green grass. Sounds idyllic doesn't it? It is, don't get me wrong. I love the landscape here and the ever changing sky and river. Driving to town is just rolling green pastures all sitting below the mountain. She is almost snow capped and can easily cause an accident as its just awe-inspiring seeing her pop out as you drive. 

So we are living in the bach while we build a new house. I know, exciting right?!! It's my silver lining and I'm Pinning like crazy getting ideas for my new cottage. Meanwhile though, Minky is sharing our room for the unforseeable future. But that's another post.

I'll be writing more here now as I feel it's both therapeutic and I miss blogging. So if you find me, hello! I hope you stay for a while and have a read of my adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment